Friday, March 21, 2008

Baby boot camp: Week one

One week down. 52 (weeks) x 18 (years) = 936 - 1 (this last week) = 935 weeks to go?

Since the birth of our son, Tracy and I have come to understand what "exhaustion" means. I'll be honest. I always thought parents were stretching things a bit when they reminisced about the sleepless nights that accompanied the birth of a child. Apparently they were telling the truth.

All those slumber parties I wasn't invited to or Mom nixed when I was a kid? Let's just say Reagan is helping make up for all the fun I thought I missed out on. Since the little guy came along, it's like a pajama party every night. Except he does all the snacking. And staying awake doesn't come as easily. And then there's the 3 a.m. blowouts.

OK. So it's maybe not quite a pajama party.

But sleepless nights aside, Reagan has brought such joy to our lives. I'm so glad God gave him to us.

2 comments:

Jess.Pollard said...

look at you...there's no stopping you now. I love the new pics...let's talk soon. We gotta get that hooter hider ordered. All the love...Please keep Uncle Van and Carran in your prayers. He decided to come home and Hospice is taking over. Much love my friend...we have to see each other SOON!!!

Erin said...

Blowouts? I cringe to think of what that means. Eek.